A life well-lived is a life worth living, no matter how you choose to live it. Getting a boost in your mood can be as simple as indulging in some quotes about positivity. Happiness, while not the same as contentment, is part of growing as a person.
It’s impossible to experience the full feeling of joy without also understanding sadness. However, you can tilt things in your direction. Most people will feel happier if they do certain things, like appreciating what they have, spending time with loved ones and giving away your time and money.
Quotes about positivity are one of the best ways to kick things off or to give you a boost on a “blah” day. But don’t expect them to make you happy for long. Try to use these quotes about positivity to make your life genuinely happier.
1. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” — Jim Rohn
2. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” — Henry Ward Beecher
3. “The secret to happiness is freedom … and the secret to freedom is courage.” — Thucydides
4. “It’s like the people who believe they’ll be happy if they go and live somewhere else, but who learn it doesn’t work that way. Wherever you go, you take yourself with you. If you see what I mean.” — Neil Gaiman
5. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” — Albert Schweitzer
6. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” — Douglas Adams
7. “Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” — Helen Keller
8. “A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” — Tom Wilson
9. “Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.” — Theodore Isaac Rubin
10. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” — Buddha
11. “I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” — Mark Twain
12. “Hate. It has caused a lot of problems in this world but has not solved one yet.” — Maya Angelou
13. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
14. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha
15. “Remember, the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
16. “My greatest beauty secret is being happy with myself. I don’t use special creams or treatments — I’ll use a little bit of everything. It’s a mistake to think you are what you put on yourself. I believe that a lot of how you look is to do with how you feel about yourself and your life. Happiness is the greatest beauty secret.” — Tina Turner
17. “I am determined to be happy and cheerful in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.” — Martha Washington
18. “If you want to be happy, be.” — Leo Tolstoy
19. “Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” — John Wooden
20. “All you can change is yourself, but sometimes that changes everything!” — Gary W. Goldstein
These people didn’t say these things just to make you smile. OK, maybe Tom Wilson did. But the goal isn’t to feel better for an hour before you go back to work, it’s to find real happiness in your life.
Work well, work hard and find ways to share your love and wealth, even when it feels like you don’t have much. Spend money on experiences instead of things. Those are the keys to achieving real, lasting happiness.
Follow Us On
Get the latest tech stories and news in seconds!
Sign up for our newsletter below to receive updates about technology trends