With the rise of audiobooks, it’s no wonder that Audible has become one of the most popular audiobook streaming services. Today, millions of people use the app to listen to their favorite books on the go. In this article, we’ll answer some of the most commonly asked questions about Amazon’s audiobook service so you can learn more about the service.
1. Does Amazon Own Audible?
Yes, Amazon owns Audible, making it an Amazon company.
Audible first launched in 1997. At the time, audiobooks were becoming more and more popular, so Audible stepped into the market with a portable media player that allowed listeners to download audiobooks.
The company has since created one of the most popular audiobook streaming services in the world. Amazon acquired Audible in 2008 for $300 million. The acquisition helped Amazon expand its reach into the digital book market.
2. What Plans Does It Offer?
Amazon’s audiobook streaming service offers two different membership plans — Audible Plus and Audible Premium Plus.
With a Plus membership, you can listen to numerous audiobooks, meditation programs and more. With a Premium Plus membership, you get everything the Plus plan offers alongside a free title every month from an array of best sellers and new releases.
The Plus plan costs $7.95 per month, and the Premium Plus plan costs $14.95 per month. Each comes with a free 30-day trial.
3. How Many Books Does It Have?
Audible has over 200,000 titles in its catalog. This includes bestsellers, new releases and classics. Whether you’re looking for a thriller, romance or self-help book, you’re sure to find it.
4. How Many Devices Can You Connect to Your Account?
Audible doesn’t limit how many devices you can connect to your account. If you start listening to a book on your computer and want to transition to your phone, you can do so without any hiccups. Additionally, you and your family or friends can share one account.
5. How Can You Cancel or Upgrade Your Membership?
Users can cancel or upgrade their memberships at any time by going to the “My Account” page on the Audible website.
If you cancel your membership, you’ll still have access to the audiobooks you’ve purchased. However, you’ll no longer have access to the Audible Plus catalog or any of the benefits that come with a membership.
If you decide to upgrade your membership, you’ll be charged the difference in price between the two plans.
6. What Devices Support The App?
Audible is available on numerous devices:
- Computer: To access the audiobooks on your computer, you need to download the Audible app. The app is available for both Windows and Mac. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can sign in with your Amazon account and start listening to your audiobooks.
- Amazon Echo: If you have an Amazon Echo, you can enable the Audible skill and start listening to your audiobooks hands-free.
- Smartphone or tablet: To hear books on your smartphone or tablet, you can download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Kindle Fire: You can also listen to audiobooks on your Kindle. If you have a Kindle Fire, you can download the Audible app from the Amazon Appstore.
- Amazon Kindle: If you have an Amazon Kindle, you can transfer your audiobooks from your computer to your device using a USB cable. Once your audiobooks are on your Kindle, you can start listening to them by going to the “Books” menu and selecting “Audiobooks.”
7. How Do You Find New Books?
There are a few different ways to find new books on Audible. You can browse the “New Releases” section of the website, or you can use the search bar to look for specific titles or authors. You can also listen to samples of audiobooks before you decide to buy them.
8. What Is the Audible Plus Catalog?
It’s a collection of over 150,000 audiobooks, podcasts and other spoken-word content you can listen to without using any credits. This content is updated regularly, so there’s always something new to discover.
9. How Can You Troubleshoot the Audible App?
If you’re having trouble with the Audible app, the first thing you should do is make sure you have the latest version installed. If that doesn’t help, try restarting your device. You can also contact customer support for assistance.
10. How Do Audible Credits Work?
Audible credits are a type of currency you can use to purchase audiobooks. One credit is equal to one audiobook, regardless of price. You can earn credits by referrals or through certain promotions.
Enjoy Listening to Thousands of Audio Books
Now you have a better idea of what Audible is. We hope this article has answered your most pressing questions. If you’re still curious about how the service works, be sure to check out their website or contact customer support for more information.
Follow Us On
Get the latest tech stories and news in seconds!
Sign up for our newsletter below to receive updates about technology trends