Snapchat is a popular social media app that sends messages, photos and videos to friends. Snapchat has 319 million daily active users with a majority of those users being aged 13-24. The app also has an average of 18 billion video views per day.
With such a huge potential audience, it’s important to point out how digital marketers to understand how Snapchat scores work to better engage with their target market.
What Is a Snapchat Score?
The Snapchat score is a way of measuring users’ engagement on the app. So every time you send a snap, view a story or send a chat, your score goes up by one. To put it differently, the higher your score, the more active you are on Snapchat.
Your Snapchat score can be found on the profile page of the app in the top-right corner of the screen. At the present time, some of the highest Snapchat scores are in the millions.
How Is a Snap Score Calculated?
The Snapchat score is calculated by adding up the points earned for each action. Particularly, these actions include:
- Sending snaps
- Viewing stories
- Replying to stories
- Adding friends
- Receiving snaps
- Posting stories
- Sending chat messages
- Sending emojis
How Do You Increase Your Snap Score?
The more active you are on the app, the higher your score will be. For instance, there are a few things you can do to increase your score:
- Send more snaps: Every time you send a snap, your score will go up. So, to increase your score, keep sending snaps to your friends.
- View more stories: Every time you view a story, your score will go up. Add friends and view their stories to give your score a boost. You can also post stories of your own to join in on the fun.
- Keeping snap streaks with friends: If you Snapchat with a friend every day, you may have a streak with them. So, keep this streak going by snapping every day can help increase your score.
The Snapchat score is a great way to measure how engaged you are on the app and can help you track your progress over time. It must be remembered that the higher your score, the more active you are on Snapchat!
What Are the Benefits of a High Snap Score?
There are a few benefits of having a high Snapchat score:
1. You’re more likely to be seen by your friends.
To explain, the higher your score, the more active you are on Snapchat. This means that you’re more likely to be seen by your friends and they’ll be more likely to see your snaps.
2. You’re more likely to get noticed by brands.
As an illustration, if you have a high Snapchat score, you’re more likely to be noticed by brands and they may approach you for sponsorships or partnerships.
3. You’re more likely to be featured on the Snapchat Map.
The Snapchat Map is a feature that lets you see where your friends are in the world. So, the higher your score, the more likely you are to be featured on the map.
4. You’re more likely to get invited to exclusive events.
If you have a high Snapchat score, you may be invited to exclusive events that are only open to the most active users on the app.
5. You can use your score to compete with your friends.
In other words, this is a great way to compete with your friends and see who can be the most active on the app. With this in mind, try to increase your score and see how far you can get!
Now that you know how the Snapchat score works, start increasing your activity on the app and watch your score go up. Remember, the more active you are, the more likely you are to be promoted to a verified account. So get snapping!
Follow Us On
Get the latest tech stories and news in seconds!
Sign up for our newsletter below to receive updates about technology trends